|About The Role
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing varying sized commercial, medical and retail projects of a construction or refurbishment nature. Contract values will vary between £100,000,000 & £5,000,000. The primary role of the Senior Project Manager will be to lead a small project team within our busy Works Department.
The Senior Project Manager will ensure that their allocated projects are run efficiently and profitably ensuring full compliance to all contract conditions. The most critical conditions being that all work is completed to a high standard, in a safe working manner, within programme and to the total satisfaction of our client.
Reporting to an Executive Manager and/or Directors with the responsibility for the day-to-day running ofa small team consisting of Project Managers, Assistant / Trainee Managers and associated Administration staff.
Works Projects to include:
- Overseeing and managing Project Managers, Assistant/Trainee Managers, Site Supervisors, Administrator and associated direct trade operatives.
- To be competent in the understanding of the contract design and construction drawings.
- Relay/discuss relevant information with the client, their agent or on-site personnel.
- Overseeing and Managing specialist domestic and nominated sub-contractors.
- Enforcing and monitoring Health & Safety practices and CDM Regulations on site.
- Attendance of regular site meetings with client, architect, quantity surveyor, planning supervisor etc.
- Overseeing and preparation of contactor’s reports for site meetings.
- Overseeing and preparation of contract programmes & progress reports.
- Pricing and agreeing instructions with the client or client’s agent.
- Formulating valuations and final accounts.
- Monitoring team job profitability and reporting.
- Monitoring the team to ensure that all specific materials ordered are received on or before their due delivery dates.
- Attendance of regular report and update meetings with the Director or Executive Manager.
- To procure, negotiate terms and monitor the performance of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- To identify and implement improvements to any aspect of the service that we provide.
- To check and authorise purchase invoices.
- To oversee, verify and authorise trade operative’s time sheets on a weekly basis.
- To ensure that the allocated fleet of company vehicles is maintained and looked after to an acceptable, presentable and safe standard.
- To assist the estimator in the preparation of estimates/tenders.
- Procurement of new clients and suppliers.
- Deal with, record and investigate any complaints received with regards to any aspect of the service that we provide.
- Ensure that acceptable levels of customer care are provided at all times.
- To provide cover for other associated staff during times of absence.
- Regular use of our bespoke computer system and other software packages such as Word, Excel and Project.
The information given above should only be taken as a guide to the duties and responsibilities expected of the Senior Project Manager. It should be noted that the duties and responsibilities might not include or be limited to the information given above as these may vary from time to time, depending on the contracts in hand and in accordance with the Directors discretion.