- The organisers of this competition are Princebuild Limited, Empson Road, Fengate, Peterborough, PE1 5UP
Peterborough United Football Club, Abax Stadium, London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AL
- The competition is to win an opportunity to take a half time penalty shot against Peeby (Princebuild’s Company Mascot) with the opportunity of winning a prize if a goal is scored.
- Entry to the competition is only open to anyone who has purchased a ticket or intends to purchase a ticket to watch Peterborough United play on the day that the proposed penalty shootout is planned to take place.
- All entrants must be over the age of 12 to apply, entrants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- By entering this competition you warrant and represent that you or the person who will be taking the penalty on your behalf in accordance with clause 14 below are physically able to take a kick as described in these terms and conditions and that there is no reason (medical or otherwise) why you (or the person taking the kick on your behalf) should not take part in this competition.
- Only one entry per person may be submitted. Multiple entries, automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries on behalf of any person, syndicate, group, society or company will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and the organisers believe or have reasonable grounds to believe that the winner has made more than one entry, the organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Entries will only be accepted until the closing date specified. The organisers reserve the right to reject any entries made after the closing date or any entry that is incomplete or incorrect or where the organisers have reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The time of the entry will be the time of receipt of the entry as recorded by the organisers.
- The organisers will not be liable for any entries which are lost, incomplete, corrupted or delayed as a result of any technical error or failure. The organisers are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including injury or damage of entrant’s or any other person’s computer, electronic tablet, or mobile telephone related or resulting from participation in the competition.
Selection of Winner to Take Part in Peeby’s Penalty Shootout
- Only one winner will be chosen at random from all of the correct entries within 24 hours of the closing date specified.
- Winners will be notified by the organisers, by telephone only, usually within 24 hours of the closing date. Losing entrants will not receive any notification.
- In the event that the organisers are unable to make personal contact (not voicemail) with a winner within 48 hours of the closing date; or for any reason a winner is unable to attend the match; or a winner notifies the organisers that they do not wish to take part; that winner will forfeit the opportunity of taking the penalty and the organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- The organisers will send a confirmation email to the final confirmed winner within 72 hours of the closing date specified for the competition.
Taking the Penalty Shot(s)
- Unless a winner is registered as disabled or is in receipt of the medium or higher rate component of DLA the winner must take the penalty personally. Where a winner is registered disabled or is in receipt of the medium or higher rate component of DLA (and wishes to do so), the winner may choose an alternate person to take the penalty on their behalf.
- The winner should note that taking a penalty shot is a physical activity and therefore the winner must be appropriately dressed and, in particular, wearing appropriate non-slip footwear before they will be allowed to participate. The person taking the penalty should also note that the pitch may be wet and extreme care should therefore be taken whilst taking the penalty shot. The person taking the penalty shot may be requested to sign Peterborough United’s standard disclaimer for physical activities before taking part.
- Upon arrival at the match the organisers will request sight of the winner’s confirmation email, entrance ticket and proof of identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence (with photocard). Where a winner is registered disabled or in receipt of the medium or high rate component of DLA, the organisers will require proof of that fact. In the event that a winner cannot produce their confirmation email, entrance ticket, provide the organisers with proof which is reasonably acceptable, or in the organisers opinion is not appropriately dressed or physically fit enough to take the penalty that the winner will forfeit the opportunity to take a penalty and the organisers will reserve the right to select another winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- The winner will be instructed who and where to meet at half time to take their penalty shot(s). If the winner does not arrive at the scheduled time and location then they will have forfeited their opportunity to take part and the organisers will reserve the right to pick another winner.
- The winner will take their penalty shot(s) against Peeby using an over-sized inflatable ball. If a goal is scored from the maximum allowance of three shots then the winner will win the prize on offer at that particular match. If no goal is scored, no prize will be awarded to the winner. The penalty shots (maximum of three) will stop as soon as a goal is scored or the maximum amount of shots allowed have been taken.
- Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of the winner whether illegal or otherwise.
- The decision of the organisers is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize on offer for scoring a goal is a £50.00 voucher which can be redeemed in Peterborough United’s Club Shop. The prize will be issued as soon as practicable after being won.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize being offered.
- If prizes are to be posted they will only be sent to a UK address and the organisers accept no liability for the prize being lost or damaged in transit.
- By entering this competition you give the organisers your permission to publish your name and the name of the town where you live in all and any forms of media including match day programmes and the organisers’ website(s).
- Winners will be expected to participate in publicity regarding the competition including but not limited to being filmed and photographed and having such footage appear on the organisers’ websites.
- Entrants data will be collected, stored and processed in line with the current data protection act at the time of the competition taking place.
- Entry to the competition is free but you should be aware that you may be subject to local data charges depending on your own individual arrangements for internet access.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the organisers or otherwise and accordingly the organisers may at their own absolute discretion and for any reason suspend, vary, cancel or amend the competition and/or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving notice and you agree that no liability shall attach to the organisers as a result thereof.
- The competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.